By Jon Erickson
Hacking is the paintings of artistic challenge fixing, even if that suggests discovering an unconventional technique to a tough challenge or exploiting holes in sloppy programming. many of us name themselves hackers, yet few have the powerful technical starting place had to quite push the envelope.
Rather than only exhibiting how one can run current exploits, writer Jon Erickson explains how arcane hacking suggestions really paintings. To proportion the artwork and technological know-how of hacking in a manner that's available to every body, Hacking: The paintings of Exploitation, second Edition introduces the basics of C programming from a hacker's perspective.
The integrated LiveCD presents a whole Linux programming and debugging environment-all with out editing your present working approach. Use it to persist with in addition to the book's examples as you fill gaps on your wisdom and discover hacking concepts by yourself. Get your fingers soiled debugging code, overflowing buffers, hijacking community communications, bypassing protections, exploiting cryptographic weaknesses, and even perhaps inventing new exploits. This publication will train you the way to:
- Program pcs utilizing C, meeting language, and shell scripts
- Corrupt method reminiscence to run arbitrary code utilizing buffer overflows and layout strings
- investigate cross-check processor registers and method reminiscence with a debugger to realize a true figuring out of what's happening
- Outsmart universal safety features like nonexecutable stacks and intrusion detection systems
- achieve entry to a distant server utilizing port-binding or connect-back shellcode, and change a server's logging habit to conceal your presence
- Redirect community site visitors, disguise open ports, and hijack TCP connections
- Crack encrypted instant site visitors utilizing the FMS assault, and accelerate brute-force assaults utilizing a password chance matrix
Hackers are consistently pushing the limits, investigating the unknown, and evolving their artwork. no matter if you do not already know the way to software, Hacking: The artwork of Exploitation, second Edition provide you with an entire photo of programming, computer structure, community communications, and present hacking ideas. mix this information with the incorporated Linux surroundings, and all you would like is your individual creativity.